A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ayo Familia,

ayo familia,

So there are many things to say... A couple nights ago we had a lesson with the Broadbents (a family that we are working with) and they turned down our invite to set a date for baptism. Kind of a bummer but she is praying earnestly for answers to questions that are personal so things are looking up. They're good to go they just need to step up to the plate. We fasted for a family yesterday and am glad we did because finding here in Roseville is very hard. We're doing a new program of working with 5 families in the ward and helping them in finding efforts. It is going very well. The only way to do missionary work is by getting the members jazzed about missionary work. Speaking of missionary work how is all of yours going? any prospects? What we do with the families is ask them to pray about all the people in their lives that could use the gospel and then work with them on the steps to introduce the gospel to two or three of those people. It really gets them hopped up when they start thinking day to day missionary efforts. Quite miraculous so our work is looking up. K fam here it is. Will you all sit down as families and pray about the people that you know that could use the gospel in their lives? By next email I want you to report on the list. You don't have to tell me the names just tell me that you did it. There are people everywhere and it seems alot harder than it is. I know that you all have brought your strapping young boy/brother that is on a mission in your conversations maybe daily. What a good way to kick off your gospel conversations! Also mention Church when you run through your weekend's activities when conversing with your coworkers slash friends. Family it really is through the members that this work moves forward. We're continuing to work well on our own salvation, now let's help someone else out with theirs. I promise you that, as i've said before, there is no greater satisfaction and gratification than helping people see the light. Christ lives and loves all of us. He heads His true church on the Earth and has a living prophet to "[reveal] his secrets" to. What a blessing it is. I'm grateful to you all and hope that you get my pics and my letter soon. I sent it out on friday. Ky buddy aren't you so excited?! the big 1-2 baby! The letter I wrote in the package is for you so don't think i'm neglecting my little bro's birthday alright? Also matt i met someone that served in your mission the same time you served. I don't know his last name but he said he knew of you and that you were a pretty tight guy. What a freakin liar. haha Well you all are doing well yeah? I love you all and can't wait to hear on the progress of the missionary work next week.

p.s. the money spent was for some bike stuff. Bikes are so freakin expensive. I got a light and a quick release lever and it cost like 30 bucks but thats life.

p.s. 2 hows the babe doing alexis?

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I finally sent him an email this week and I even did it on Sunday with pics of Alivia! I'm peeved!