A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, August 4, 2008

Go squadron go!!

Heya!
So Roseville is sweet! I like the city. Most of the nights we hit up this park and contact a ton of people. On Tuesday I'm going on splits with the ZLs and they live in a mansion. Yeah it's going to be sweet. anuwho the work is good. So one night when we went to the park to contact people and we got into a bash. So we went up to introduce ourselves and the guy was like you're not elders because we're not old enough. at first i thought he was joking but then it went downhill fast. We said we were sharing a message about Jesus Christ and then he said, "You aren't Christians." 30 minute story short; He went on about how he was a pastor at Bayside (this church that preaches strictly anti down here). He asked me if i've ever pastored a church. I responded that i've talked in church before. He exclaimed harshly the difference in the two. I asked him where he got his authority from to which he pronounced that his church saw his abilities and chose him or something. I then told him of the twelve apostles and how they were chosen, not because of their abilities of being fishers but because of their meekness and lowliness of heart and given the priesthood by the laying on of hands. Then he did the only thing he could think of and switched the subject to "our brothers" in texas that are on the news. We left then. I was about to give the, "I will stand before you at the judgement bar" speech but refrained and left. It was a tough one. We had to knock on our neighbors door and vent to them when we got home. It was a long night. But the work rolls forth. Other than that i'm having a blast. I finally have a comp that i have alot in common with. Not that i'm complaining about my past comps but its hecka tight. He looks like the real life doug funny. I'll send some pics. I love you all and sorry i didn't really give you anything uplifting about my week but thats how the work goes. The ward is sweet too. They're treating me nicely. Thank you for the package and everything that you all do for me. Oh and we need to step up the competition. I know we can pull through if we all work together. I've gotten one chick letter and he has two. Go squadron go!
Much love!
Elder B!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Drew gets to read this or not, but good job! It is hard at times sharing the gospel. Keeep pressing forward and Smile because We do have all of Heavenly Father's Blessings! Take care! Love, Steve and Michelle :)