A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, September 8, 2008

Howdy folks!

Howdy folks,
Man i'm so glad people are sayin that it's going to cool down soon. I'll tell ya Cali is not the place to live. Everythings expensive and its hotter than anything. So we had a lesson with this family and it was E. Keyser and i, The APs and Pres that taught them. I can't remember if i told you last week. It went really well except for the fact that at the beginning we were talking about how the AP's have moved in with members in citrus heights who have a mansion and I jokingly i said, "what a rough life they have." MAJOR mistake. Pres looked me dead in the eye and said, "You don't even know how hard they work" and went on a speech about them getting up at 4 in the morning and other things. Elder Kunz (one of the APs) and i laughed about it afterwards. It was pretty funny. This family is extremely close to baptism but they have a few hang ups. This area is just going to blossom. The APs had so many other things to do that this area has hardly been touched. it's nice... so Mom how is it going with that family? Have they taken interest in coming to church or coming over to eat at the house? Let me know. Also how is everyone doin? I havent heard from Alexis in ages and I only here about Ky a little bit. I'm sure you're all busy but throw me a bone here. On a more spiritual subject I was reading yesterday during sacrament and I was drawn towards the sermon on the mount in Matthew 6 and was reading about keeping the eye single. I love the fact that while i'm out here I can work on that alot. Without keeping my eye single to his glory there is no way that i can do anything worth while. I've come to find out alot of things out here. But thats a subject for a different day. Love you all and have a good one!

No comments: