A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, September 29, 2008

...today we went to our ward mission leaders house to see his two cows get shot and slaughtered...

So fam.
Bright and early today we went to our ward mission leaders house to see his two cows get shot and slaughtered. That was an experience. A crazy one. Mom sorry i haven't answered all your questions. I try but sometimes i miss some. Soooo this week one of our investigators said she wanted to be baptized. It was pretty crazy because we were planning on setting a date with her but in the middle of the lesson she was like i'm gonna get baptized by my uncle. I was like sweet my job here is done haha. She's awesome, I commited her to pray about the BOM and she was like oh yeah i've done that and know that it's true. Ok perfect. So thats exciting news. Also I blew a flat two days ago and bought a tube and fixed it and everything and then found out that the tube came with a hole in it. I was frustrated to say the least. It ended the night pretty much. But now i'm back in business because i borrowed this kid's bike thats in my ward. I'm takin the tube back today. anywho So many exciting things for you all! Ky buddy nice work. Pimp fa life. You are meant for some great things brotha and i mean that. You're going to be a powerful force for good so remember always to rep your beliefs and continue to be the example that i know you are. Wait wait wait you're telling me that alexis is now cleaning and making dinner and doing laundry consistantly? Isn't that one of the signs of the times? Haha kiddin i told you that you'ld make a great mom and who could doubt? Livi has it made with you two. Just pray that she wont be like you when you were a teenager haha. Dad BYU is kickin! 7th in the coaches poll and 8th in the country? sick! How is working at the temple going? Sweet i bet. I'm going soon. Maybe for my B-day. It'll be sweet! Talmage wrote Jesus the Christ in the temple and said that it was all through the spirit of the temple. Pretty sweet. Amazing things happen there for sure. Matt if you hit 290 by the time i get back then i'll buy you a candy bar. haha Sounds good huh. Maybe I'll hang it in front of you and you walk on the treadmill haha. i could see it. Also the pics of Alivia are so cute. I bought a little 2 gig drive to store all those pics and stuff on. I'll take an inventory this week of the things i need. It's not much most of my shirts are good and my pants are good too. I have enough Gs so i'm doing pretty good but i'll see if there is anything... I do need to take my bike in to get a tune up and everything and that is like $50 so that will happen within the next month. Also transfers are the 14th so just send the package to the mission office if you send it around then so if i transfer then i'll still get it. Lets see theres the weekly report! I love all of you and hope you have a grrrrrreat week!
E. Baum

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Mom - it sounds like you sent him a desperate email to answer all of your questions within those novels you write him...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a scene from Napolian Dynamite, Gross! Take Care Drew, you are doing a great job, and it is good to hear you grow in the Gosple of Jesus Christ! We will keep praying for you!
Love,
The JORDAN Fam.