A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, May 4, 2009

Hey Hey!

Hey Fam!
Soooooooooo... I'll tell you about a super cool experience that I had recently. So a couple of weeks ago we were going around a park and talking to people. We came across a guy that was fishing. We introduced ourselves and then asked if we could share a message about Christ's Gospel. He said that he had some time so in about 15 minutes we shared the message of the restoration of the heretoforementioned Gospel. The lesson was great, the Spirit was there and I could sense his earnest yearning for truth. We commited him to read and pray and he said he would. As we continued around the park I looked across the lake and saw him studying the things that we left him to read. It made my heart swell. So yesterday we went to his home and he invited us right in. We taught him the Plan of Happiness to him and he said that it made sense and that he really enjoyed learning about it. God has been preparing him for a while now. It has been a cool experience because in all that I do out here I can see the Lords hand in it. Out here it is hard pressed to find someone with an open heart and mind. But I know that if I keep seeking, Heavenly Father will place me in their path and visa versa. In short I'm incredibly grateful for the oppurtunity to be a tool in the Lords hand. I'm lovin it
Love you all and thank you for your support! Have a great week
Elder B

No comments: