A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, September 28, 2009

Hello!

Hey sorry I didn't get an email out last week. We got to the library and there was a huge line so I only had enough time to read your emails and send a little one to Seth. So I am having a blast. I asked Heavenly Father to help me be like some of the great missionaries of old like Paul, and the super sweet companionship of Alma and Amulek. I still have many weaknesses that keep me from being more like them but the Lord is helping me. We have seen some sweet miracles lately. We talked to this lady on the street late the other night and she told us of the passing of her husband. We talked to her about the Plan of Happiness and she said that she would like to learn more about it. She mentioned right before we parted that it was a strange "coinsidence" because she has wanted to talk to missionaries before and that she had already taken a walk that day with her kids and something told her to go take another. That morning I made it specific in my prayers to plead for Heavenly Father's help to seek out someone He has prepared to receive the Gospel. She was. We're making an effort to talk to as many as our brothers and sisters as possible. I was listening to a lecture by Truman Madsen and he noted the instence where Christ refers to His disciples as friends. He explained the Hebrew and Greek origin of the word friend which involves familiarity and how in the scriptures servants become sons and daughters and then become friends. A servant does what the Master asks maybe without knowledge of why he is doing it whereas a friend does what the Master asks being familiar with the reason why the Master would ask it to be done. Friends understand eachother. I wonder at all that goes over my head as far as scriptures go but am ready to receive line upon line. This upcoming week we have zone conference and it is my turn to get up and bear my "departing testimony" along with my friends that are going home with me. It is weird because you never think that it is your turn and the time arives all too soon. The area is good. The ward is strugglin a little bit but I'm looking forward to helping in any way that I can. My companion is Elder Yang. He is cool. He's grown up in a lot of ways since the time I last saw him about a year and a half ago. We're having fun. If you don't mind I am super low on Proactive so if you could send some out that would be great. Like super low. Thank you for your prayers. Go cougs! Love you all

No comments: