A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, September 7, 2009

Hey!

Huh that is some depressing news... This is a prime example of the knowledge of the Plan of Happiness giving us peace. Those family members who really understand the terms of the Gospel will mourn only for the short time that we will miss her. Easy for me to say because we were pretty distant in relation. I heard about the BYU Oklahoma game. I can smell the fresh-cut grass at the beginning of a BCS bowl game already. I'm stoked. This week has been pretty hard out here. It has been one of those weeks where you feel that the whole weeks efforts to help these folks repent have been in vain. It seems as if no one that we are teaching really cares enough to read or pray or anything. Enough of the pity party though this isn't anything new. You gotta just keep crying repentance and soon those who are willing to humble themselves will do it upon hearing the voice of the Lord thru us. I am indeed grateful for the Lords help. It is a privilege to work so closely with the Godhead especially helping some of these people feel the influence of the Holy Ghost testifying to them of the Savior and our Father in Heaven. I will continue to praise the Lord for the grace that I receive daily. He must look down with eyes of divine pity as He sees me struggle thru such minuscule trials. Enough about me. Have fun this Labor Day. Ky you got somethin comin buddy I promise. I just haven't found the right thing yet. President said I might be getting transferred one more time so just heads up. I'll know next week. Love you all and know that my prayers are with all of ya.
Elder B

No comments: