A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, June 23, 2008

Peace love and happiness (eternally)

Family!
It is good to hear from all of you and sounds like your "hecka" busy as they say in the California tongue. Yeah i've pretty much got the language down by now. Hecka Savage rufus. Just kiddin rufus isn't one. Anywho I apologize but this one is gonna be short and sweet. We've got a baptism comin' up in july i think the second saturday. Woo Woo. The work is going well. I'm striving daily to listen to every prompting of the holy ghost out here and then write them down. It's amazing how many promptings we recieve on a daily basis. I love the work and am trying to savor every moment. At all the troubled times that I have out here i just think back to President Hinckley's advice. It will all turn out alright. By far the good experiences out weigh the bad ones and i seem to forget the bad ones alot faster. I woke up this morning and felt like i was still up in Redding in my greeny area. I can't believe i've been out this long. Crazy. There are so many crazies out here. It is so funny. The is this crazy tricycle lady that always rides her bike around our block and you really do have to see it. it is just nuts. Also we were out in live oak last night just going around to the parks and OYMing people and we came to these kids about my age and they were just in awe of when i told them that i do this out of service and don't get paid or anything and actually we're going to start teaching them. It just made me appreciate what i'm doing so much. I love it. Well my time is up thank you all so much for writing me and have an awesome week.
Peace love and happiness (eternally)
Elder B.


No comments: