A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, October 6, 2008

Subject: Your most loved son/grandson/brother

Family!
Wasn't conference just great. it was. I can't say that i can pick out a favorite talk but i really liked this conference. It answered alot of our investigators q's and gave them the kick in the butt they needed. It always strengthens my testimony of revelation when i watch the apostles talk. millions of people have questions about something or other and i'd go as far as to say that every single one gets answered. Neato. So the mission is going great! One of our investigators named Mariah set a date for the 18th of october. I'm excited for her. she watched all of conference and said that she loved it. We are teaching many lessons which is good. President Pendleton wants us to teach 20 lessons a week and we've only hit it once. It is difficult but it is helping us and our area so much. he promised immediate results and i'm excited to see the blessings that come upon the people. Heavenly Father assured me that He is going before me in my labors. That felt really good haha. Some of these folks here just do not want anything to do with us and I feel i've become too accustomed to the no's that we receive. It is a day to day struggle. I don't know whether i'll be transfered but it could happen. I do get transfered alot. for being a year out i have had alot of comps and alot of areas. It'll be interesting to see what the Lord has in store for me in this next year. I'm excited. While at priesthood I saw a 12 or 13 yr old with his dad and he was sleeping on his dad's shoulder while the dad slept on his own hands haha. I thought about the times that dad and i were at conference and tried to stay awake with eachother. It was a funny flashback. I miss those times but i know that many great times are ahead. I told you that i'd do inventory this week. I really don't need much. maybe a couple short sleeved shirts and i need to fix up my bike a little. other than that i'm good. Also if you have any CD's of Motab that would be great. Elder Ballard came out and said that missionaries don't need Ipods or anything so I gave mine to the AP's and they put it in my "go home" box for after the mish. So any Motab would be great. Or classical i like that too. But i'm doing great and know that i'm doing my best to honor you all while i'm out here. I feel so blessed to be with you all and i couldn't ask for more.
Love your son/grandson/brother
Elder B

No comments: