A day in the life of an Elder

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I know my family loves me and I know they love me too."

Hey Family!
So this week is crazy. Prez called me up on sunday and asked me if i would train a new missionary. Also he called me to be dist leader over the district. So many new things happening. I heard about the Y game. Sweet! Elder Nance (one of my Zone Leaders) and i might paint our faces for interviews on Friday. It'll be sweet. I doubt that prez is gonna let us watch a game but i might be able to catch a peek during a dinner or something. I'm very anxious to see what my new comp is gonna be like and it'll be interesting remenissing on my greenie days. I'm gonna pull a prank i think but i don't know what i'm gonna do. All in good humor of course. So this week sis hansen from our ward came up to us and told us how much of an influence we had on her son that is 21ish and has been semi-active for a while. Her heartfelt testimony strengthened mine based on the fact that there are certain people in the areas in which we reside that only we can have affect on. Heavenly Father continues to teach me as i go preach His gospel and i've found that there are many things that He has given me strength to do when otherwise i would not have had the ability. I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ and that sentence alone gives me the strength to do anything that is in His will. His glory is my glory. So i'm 20 this week. Some of the ward members want to take me out this week for pizza and some chipotle. It's gonna be good. It is good to hear that you all are doing well. Ky keep up the good work buddy. Mom I want to go to the temple sometime this month. I understand what you mean when you speak of the power and the Spirit that resides within those walls. It's like a heavenly energy drink. Maybe not the best analogy but it gives me so much strength and gives the boost i need while i am out here. Dad the Y is kickin'. We need to hit up a ton of games when i get back. If we're lucky enough i'll be attending there for the summer and then that fall you guys can come to Provo and go to all the games! Well thank you all for all that you do. And in the words of a poet name Kyler, "I know my family loves me and I know they love me too."
Elder drewber scoober Baumgartner

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Hilarious! I forgot Ky use to say that all the time when he bore his testimony.