A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, November 3, 2008

Heavenly Father's hand is in all that I do

Hey Family!
Things are going great. I have gained a firm testimony of modern-day miracles. This week I was able to participate in Mariah's baptism into the Church. Beforehand I knelt down and offered up a prayer to ask Heavenly Father for the spirit that my efforts may be consecrated in Christ's name. As I did so the spirit overwhelmed me. Heavenly Father's hand is in all that I do. I'm very blessed to have part in His work. I testify to you that I have seen and felt the strength of Christ lifting me up. He is the way and the light. He will give us anything according to the desires of our hearts if we seek the building up of His kingdom first. Halloween was pretty fun. We played risk. I hate risk but it was fun to hang out with the district. The holidays are rapidly approaching. I love Christmas time because no matter who you are, your thoughts turn to the Savior at some point during Christmas. It's awesome in every sense of the word. So BYU... yeah. They're doin great haha. So the rain is back. I enjoy it for a little and then it gets a little annoying. I need to get like a wind-breaker or something to keep the rain off. So Bball today was intense. I still suck but i'm getting ok. I get frustrated. Sorry there isn't a whole lot to report this week. I'm havin' tons-o-fun. That is whats so great about the Lords work. You work hard at it. He strengthens you. I love doing the Lord's work. That is sweet that you had the missionaries teach the class. Strengthening the members' understanding of the doctrine will to more to increase their trust in you and excite them to do missionary work than anything else you can do. (Strait out of PMG, not word for word but you get it.) We right now are trying to teach lessons 1,2, and 3 to every fam in the ward. So far it is going well. Welp my time is running thin. I love all of you! Have a grrrrrreat week.
Elder B.

No comments: