A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, November 24, 2008

Letterino

Hey Family!!
Mom i was hoping that my mail got to you already. fear not you'll probably get it today. So Thanksgiving is going to be sweet. We are going to have like 3 dinners. If you sleep between each one it works out nicely. I got transfer calls today and i'm staying through Christmas. I really enjoy this area. There are some good folk. Well this past transfer has been a transfer of miracles for sure. I'm constantly seeing the hand of the Lord throughout my day. And it is all because of faith... Elder Hansen has naturally had a huge amount of faith and as it has boosted mine i've been able to see the tremendous strength of the Lord. In one of the conference talks this past conference, one of the general authorities shared the knowledge that Christ's parables are so simple and plain that a child can get all he needs out of it and so complex that the most intelligent on the Earth cannot grasp the fullness of it unless he humbles himself. This knowledge applies to missionary work and in our everyday lives. There are certain things that God wants to give us but it is based upon our faith and will. We need to align our word with God's and we need to align our will with God's. He expects us to keep learning all throughout life and with added knowledge He will give us more responsibility and stewardship. But He will do that based upon our faith and action. God loves us more than any of us realize and wants us to succeed but we need to show Him that we want to succeed. Show forth your faith, try your faith, and take advantage of the oppurtunities that He gives us. We are His soldiers and we will receive the due reward as we march forward. I feel like i'm preaching to the choir but I've learned alot lately and thought i ought to share some of it. I'm doing very well and i can feel the strength of all of you supporting me. I thank you all for all that you do. I hope the holidays go well with everyone I need some addresses so I can send some cards. Picture cards! so if you want one/want me to send one to someone, give me the address! Love you all!!!!
E. Baum

No comments: