A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, December 15, 2008

I love you all and give thanks for all that you do.

Hey family!
So what is new this week? Well I love the Christmas season. On our tracting extravaganza yesterday was pretty ridiculous. As we knocked and knocked and knocked we met some major scrooges. I try and stay positive when tracting but sometimes it's hard. We were drenched in the rain and the peeps were stone cold. There was this one where I thought it was moving into a bible bash but we kept it non-contentious and she ended up accepting the commitment to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was great! We're going to see her this week. You know what I love about the scriptures. All scripture points away from itself to the true source of all knowledge. That source being our Lord Jesus Christ. I read over Elder Holland's talk just recently that he gave in April. It inspires me to tell the world that The revelation from our Heavenly Father continues and always will! I Love telling this, the most important message to flow through the ears of everyone on the Earth. I wish, with Alma, that i could shout it among all nations with the zealous voice of an angel. This work is going forth and with more speed than we now realize. One of the greatest feelings I've ever had is when the whisper of the Holy Ghost tells me that God is using me as an instrument in His hand. What a privilege. I did get the packages from Grandma and the Jordans. Thank you all so much. I want to end this email with my testimony. I know that Christ lives and that He loves you and I and brothers and sisters and children of God. I am overwhelmed by His love and willingness to succor us in times of need. One of the things that I love about Christmas is, even though people lose focus of the true meaning, there will always be the Spirit of charity toward our family, friends, and complete strangers. Service toward our fellow beings shows love for our God. I know that as we continue to seek out the Lord this holiday season, the Spirit of the love of Him who is Holy will enter into our hearts and satisfy any need or want. I so testify in the name of The Only Begotten of the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ. amen.

I love you all and give thanks for all that you do.

Elder B.

No comments: