A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, December 29, 2008

Hellllloooooooo.

Hellllloooooooo.
So this week was a good one. I'm so incredibly grateful for the Spirit that has touched so many lives this season. I feel undeserving of the great lessons that Heavenly Father has taught me through the Holy Ghost. I have felt an abundance of strength this season. Family I cannot tell you how grateful I am to be a son of God in every sense of the phrase. What a blessing. I like this new area. The work is a little slow but I've met some good people and I'm sure that I'll meet many more great people. It was great talking to you on Christmas. I almost didn't know what to talk about as you probably could tell.

The new area is very rural. We spend a lot of time in the car. Also we have a huge shortage of proselyting time due to the holidays and exchanges and such. Elder Kicia is nice. He reminds me alot of a missionary that went home a while ago named elder leavitt. I loved that guy. Anywho there is some sweet things coming up. I might be able to go to a sealing of a family that was in wheatland named the Zepps. They are a sweet fam. There is nothing like seeing people progress in the Gospel. Man i love it. So as far as necessities go, i'm doing good. Thank you all for the gifts on Christmas. I'm still amazed at the powerhouse I have behind me namely you guys. Thank you all for the prayers too. I'm very grateful for you and the support you give me. So here's a great thing I learned this week! So you know the story of the Children of Israel in the wilderness after being led out of egypt. Well they received their manna daily right? Well that ties into the Lord's prayer in the Sermon on the Mount when He says, "Give us this day our daily bread." So the lesson learned is that we need to acknowledge our continual dependence on the Lord for the things we need. The Children of Israel didn't pray for the months supply of manna from God but rather the sufficient to get them through the day. To keep ourselves away from the "pride cycle" we need to continually express to our Heavenly Father our need of help from Him. He knows exactly what we need but he needs to hear it from us through the prayers of our hearts. I am realizing so much more that EVERYTHING good comes from Him and it comes out of love. He loves us and I testify of that.

I love you all and am grateful for you!

E. Baumgartner

No comments: