A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, December 8, 2008

So there's the weekly report!

Hello!
So this past week was a good one. There is a scripture found in Alma 26 or 27 that describes the feelings that I have. It is where Ammon sits his brothers down to talk with them after they have converted thousands. He offers praises to the Most High. I can feel the overwhelming power of the spirit whenever I offer gratitude to Heavenly Father. Especially this past weekend. Ed Roldan was baptized and confirmed. I really cannot express to you the happiness that I have. During testimony meeting in church, he got up to bear his testimony and thanked all of those who helped with the baptism. I started to tear up as he said, "I know the church is true." Also he said that he feels The Spirit. It was one of those moments that make you realize the immense power that our Lord has in the lives of us and those around us. I love this season too. Being out here I've realized how many people need our testimonies of the divinity of our Savior. That is one of the advantages of being out here. I get to do that all day everyday. I do recognize the unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that i have at this point in my life. it's grrrrreat! So we played manball today. It is basketball but we use deep voices. We have the coolest district too if i don't say so myself. We are doing a secret santa this year. Because they live in the same complex we might go over there at like 4 in the morning on Christmas to do gifts. We're going to film it too. I'll have to send you the video. We have the Santa run too. We might watch wall.e or something.
So My time is running thin... Ky sounds like you're doing awesome buddy. Keep up the good work! So there's the weekly report!

No comments: