A day in the life of an Elder

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving was sweet!

Well hey there family!
This email is going to be a little short but I'll make it as sweet as i can. Um baptism this Saturday! We had a lesson with him to finalize everything and he's super stoked. So are we. It is going to be great! Thanksgiving was sweet! We did not eat as much as we planned but we did pig out. So the other day I ran into a guy that Matt (brother-in-law Matt) trained when he was on his mission. His last name is Evans. Small world. He gave me his info but i forgot to bring it. So things are great. You know in the spirit of Thanksgiving I would love to tell you all how much I appreciate and love you. I could not have asked for a better family to be sent to. At times i feel very undeserving of the things that I have, especially you all. I've learned out here that thanksgiving is not only a privilege but it is a commandment. To show our appreciation for all that we have we must serve those around us. Hence the giving part of thanksgiving. It is because of the love that our Heavenly Father has for me (and all of us) and drives me to serve all i can to the best of my ability. You all have been amazing examples to me of how we give. One of my most prized memories is when we went out among the homeless people and gave that which we had. I am in awe of the many opportunities that we have to just simply help someone out. I love you for all the help that you've given me. Thank you. Also i did receive the packages! thanks!
Forever your friend and son and brother and grandson and nephew. Yep
Elder Baumgartner

No comments: